cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite mod_webapp config contribl
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2002 09:40:52 GMT
On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Akber Choudhry wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>

> > Can you donate your mod_rewrite configurations? that would make it a
> > good example in the docs, at least.
> Here it is -
>

> NameVirtualHost domain.com
> <VirtualHost domain.com:80>
> ServerAdmin webmaster@domain.com
> ServerName www.domain.com
> ServerAlias domain.com
> ErrorDocument 404 /cgi-bin/errors/monitor.cgi
> ErrorDocument 500 /cgi-bin/errors/monitor.cgi
>
> # Rewrite module has to be the last module in the Apache AddModule list
> RewriteEngine On
>
> # let apache handle
>
> RewriteRule \.(gif|jpg|png|css|txt|html|js|pdf|cab|jar|php|xml)$ - [L]

This works as long as the URI from the browsers' view can be mapped onto
a filesystem path from the Apaches' view. And you have to deploy your
cocoon webapp on the machine running Apache if you have dedicated
machines for your tomcats (we do have this scenario).

> RewriteRule ^/cgi-bin - [L]
> # my apache site monitor
> RewriteRule ^/watch-info - [L]
> RewriteRule ^/$	/cocoon/index [L,PT]
> # other servlet applications - passed through
> RewriteRule ^/main - [L]
> # everything  else to cocoon
> RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ /cocooon/$1 [L,PT]
>
> DocumentRoot /home/domain.com/public
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/domain.com/cgi-bin/
> DirectoryIndex	index.html index.jsp index.php
>
> # make sure tomcat  config webapp connector  only binds to 127.0.0.1 for security - and
here we access it through the same loopback interface

if it runs on the same machine

> WebAppConnection warpcocoon warp localhost:9999
> WebAppDeploy cocoon warpcocoon /cocoon
> # no need for different connection of other tomcat webapp
> WebAppDeploy main warpcocoon /main
> </VirtualHost>

Giacomo