cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: Cocoon 2.0.2 JDK1.4 Tomcat 4.0.4b1 JDBC Connection Pooling Doesn't Work (for me) - any ideas
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:43:57 GMT
On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Christopher Watson wrote:

> RE: Cocoon 2.0.2 JDK1.4 Tomcat 4.0.4b1 JDBC Connection Pooling Doesn't Work
> (for me) - any ideasThanks, Tom
>
> I suspect the problems are not only with cocoon, but excalibur too !
>
> COCOON
> =======
> The comment lines in the CVS EsqlConnection have @JDBC3_START@ and
> @JDBC3_END@
> which the ant task comments out if it FAILS to detect jdbc3 present.
>
> In the cocoon dist version, these lines are commented out by /* and */
> (it's the same in both the src.tar.gz and the src.zip) - so you have to
> remove them manually to get a clean jdk1.4 compile

What is commented out? At least in HEAD everything looks fine...

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-cocoon2/src/java/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/EsqlConnection.java

The tricky part is that ant might fail to detect that jdbc3 is present.
I remember Stefano has solved this...

Stefano, could you please put this into the FAQ. Seems people are hitting
this wall over and over again...

Thanks
--
Torsten