cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject [PROPOSAL] (was Re: [RT] user-components.xconf)
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 11:10:14 GMT
First off... the replies seem to proove this is a useful feature
(glad you like the idea :)

And I now propose to add the CascadingConfiguration to our codebase. If it
makes it's way into Framework / Excalibur we can easily drop our version.
We should also add a javadoc comment that this class is borrowed from
cornerstone and should not be changed!

Here is my +1 for that.

I'd like to see this feature first before talking about blocks. When we
start thinking in terms of blocks, applications etc. I guess we should
better try to make cocoon run from within phoenix instead of brewing our
own stuff. Unfortunately I don't think this will be a peace of cake.
(haven't yet really used phoenix - so just a wild guess)

And the user-components.xconf should be really easy to implement...
--
Torsten