cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject [RT] active monitoring
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 08:25:40 GMT
Berin, I'm wondering... How far did you get with your idea of active
monitoring of resources?

I remember a thread were some profiling sessions showed that checking the
last modification time of resources can be quite expensive and has an
impact on scaleability. This might be solved or worked around by the
DelayedRefreshSourceWrapper class. But active monitoring will (IMHO) not
only help to solve scaleability issues but is much more elegant and easier
to maintain in the codebase.

Whereever you are you need to check for a resource to change you can get
the ActiveMonitor component and add your class as ResourceChangeListener.
I often wished to have such a component for self-written components...

Thoughts?
--
Torsten