cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Noels" <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: experimental XSLTC-2, a clarification
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 21:42:03 GMT
Tom Amiro wrote:

> Jacek,
>
> I am very disappointed to hear this. You were
> the originator, but a lot of work has been done
> by others on XSLTC since you moved on.
>
> It does not seem ethical or even legal to take open
> source software -- even if you were the original
> architect -- and use it for your own purposes.

just nitpicking: it is legal - that's what the entire Apache license vs.
GPL is about

see the interesting thread on jakarta-general:

other than that, from a user's perspective, I really would like to see
XSLTC2 become a branch of Xalan, too

after all, it was the Apache spirit (scratching an itch) that motivated
some Cocoon developers to start bugging Jacek to step into the arena
again

I'm pretty sure putting XSLTC2 in broad daylight will serve Jacek's
business purposes, too, as my involvement in Apache projects does for my
little business

</Steven>