cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From scott_b...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: XSLTC
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:51:16 GMT

> There's an engineer in my company that knows well both XSLT and java
> bytecode, and I asked him today to see how we could help the development
> of the Apache version of XSLTC : the java opensource community *needs* a
> high-performance compact XSLT engine.

And it's there, in Apache Xalan's XSLTC engine.  If you have resources to
help, we would love to have them.

-scott

                      Sylvain Wallez

                      <sylvain.wallez@anywar        To:       cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

                      e-tech.com>                   cc:       "Jacek R. Ambroziak" <jacek_ambroziak@yahoo.com>,
(bcc: Scott
                                                     Boag/Cambridge/IBM)

                      03/25/2002 12:55 PM           Subject:  Re: XSLTC

                      Please respond to

                      cocoon-dev

Jacek R. Ambroziak wrote:

>I may end up with 2 versions -- one of them being 'commercial',
>with bells and whistles, and NOT FREE.
>In any case I still need several weeks before posting a new version.
>XSLTC New Generation is a major redesign.
>
>--Jacek

What will be the status of the non-commercial version ? Will it be
opensource and freely distribuable ? You can still build and sell some
fancy tools on top of it : many companies make their living by adding
end-user facilities to opensource frameworks (including mine).

If you don't plan to keep the core engine opensource, then it's a bad
day for this community.

There's an engineer in my company that knows well both XSLT and java
bytecode, and I asked him today to see how we could help the development
of the Apache version of XSLTC : the java opensource community *needs* a
high-performance compact XSLT engine.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez