cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From scott_b...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: experimental XSLTC-2, a clarification
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 11:57:30 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi <stefano@apache.org> wrote:
>  1) any Apache committer has the right to propose the creation of an
>  'internal fork', stating a codename for it.

I back what Stefano said 100%.  Anyone is always welcome to come into a
project and try to start a revolution, small or large.  I was looking
forward to some contentious questions being asked (and giving contentious
replies!).  Your participation would have likely meant a healthier project.

On the other hand, I can well understand that you might not want the grief
and overhead (just because you propose an internal fork doesn't mean it
will be generally adapted).  That's fine too.  Just know that Apache is not
a closed company but a community which has a process of encouraging
questioning the status quo.

-scott