cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From scott_b...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: experimental XSLTC version
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 14:52:24 GMT

> If you would like TO CONTINUE to be notified about updates to my
> experimental version,

Jacek, you have full committer status (as of early last week), so it would
be nice to focus on the Apache source base and distribution mechanism.

-scott

                      "Jacek R.

                      Ambroziak"               To:       xalan-dev@xml.apache.org, cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

                      <jacek@ambrosoft.        cc:       (bcc: Scott Boag/Cambridge/IBM)

                      com>                     Subject:  experimental XSLTC version

                      03/04/2002 07:55

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      cocoon-dev

Dear XSLTC users,

from the number of downloads of xsltc.jar from my modest website
(www.ambrosoft.com)
I see that your interest in this promising technology is very high :-)
I have been exchanging notes with a number of you
-- but only a very small fraction of all downloaders.

I am curious what is important to you in XSLTC.
Is it transformation speed (and overall performance)?
is it translet size (enabling PDA apps)?
How important is compilation speed (vs. optimizations)?
What are the biggest problems you encounter?
I am curious about the nature of your projects
and how translets can serve it best.

IMPORTANT:

If you would like TO CONTINUE to be notified about updates to my
experimental version,
-- new jars, new features, performance tests, hints and know-how,
please write TO ME DIRECTLY at    jacek@ambrosoft.com

--Jacek