cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: [Vote]: Where to define the sitemap components?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:08:41 GMT

> Sylvain Wallez wrote

< snip>

> >Hmm, currently I'm thinking of voting -1 for defining the components
> >in the xconf. This would create a deadlock. Very interesting
> >and funny thing...
> >
> Does sitemap-local xconf remove the lock ?

Hm, now it seems that we all agree on the Blocks thoughts in some way.
This new concept will perhaps solve all our problems.

So why not have all sitemap components in the sitemap for 2.0.2 and
then start with the blocks design/implementation after the release?

If we now move some components, the user will get confused and have
to learn a new schema. And then some time later we introduce the blocks
and they have to learn a third one, then.

Except for "it would be nice if the components are all defined in
the cocoon.xconf", I see really no pro for it.

Again, the opposite is true if you think of components defined in
sub-sitemaps which we all seem to agree on that this is a good think.

Carsten