cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Johnson" <marc_johnson27...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: HSSFSerializer and mime-type hard-coded?
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:47:28 GMT
>From: Rick Tessner <ricktessner@canada.com>
>
>Hi all,
>
>I was just testing the refactored examples and noticed that the
>mime-type being returned on the Hello World XLS is vnd.ms-excel.
>
>I would have expected it to be application/vnd.ms-excel as that is how
>the mime-type is defined in the sitemap.  In fact, changing the
>mime-type in the sitemap to, say, application/blah-blah-blah has no
>effect on the mime-type being sent back to the browser.

I have no idea how the information in the sitemap would be made available to
the serializer; if anyone has a clue, I'd appreciate hearing it. In any
case, I'm not sure why the serializer would ever return anything besides
vnd.ms-excel or application/vnd.ms-excel

>Is this actually the intended behaviour?  I did notice there is a method
>called getMimeType() in HSSFSerializer.java that always returns the
>fixed string "vnd.ms-excel" ...

Correct. When I was implementing that method, I searched the net for an
appropriate mime type and that was the only one I found that was even
remotely appropriate.

>--
>Rick Tessner
>ricktessner@canada.com
>
>"There are no bad days.  Only good days and great days."

"Touch passion when it comes your way ... it's rare enough as it is. Don't
walk away when it calls you by name."
Marcus Cole, Babylon 5: Lines of Communication