cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject New : internal redirects with "cocoon:" URIs
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:24:43 GMT
Hi team,

I implemented internal redirects using the "cocoon:" pseudo-protocol.
This is the Cocoon-equivalent to servlet request forwarding.

This means that writing
  <map:match pattern="">
    <map:redirect-to uri="cocoon:/index.html"/>
  </map:match>
will make a recursive call on the current processor to serve
"index.html" without going back to the client browser.

This is also available in the Redirector used by actions. And as usual,
"cocoon:/xxx" uses the current sitemap, and "cocoon://xxx" uses the root
sitemap.

This feature will be especially usefull with the flow engine, since the
flow script chooses the page that comes next and should be able to call
this page without losing business data that may be stored as request
attributes.

This is implemented in org.apache.cocoon.environment.ForwardRedirector
and used for now only by the treeprocessor (so I didn't update the
samples to avoid to break them). Integration with the compiled engine
should be fairly easy, but I'm sooo late on my paid work, so any takers
are welcome.

Enjoy,
Sylvain

--