cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: Planning to release 2.0.2
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:14:33 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Sylvain Wallez  wrote:
>>Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>>>Ok, this is a "call for release", the code repository is already frozen
>>>but we might have some issues that we should solve before release.
>>>So, if you have any, add it to this list:
>>>- ???
>>- Refactored sampes are - as stated - work in progress. I suggest to
>>"hide" them in this release. Or can they be finished in time ?
>>>I would aim for a release on April 1, 2002.
>>>(remember, we can always fix things later)
>>Carsten initially proposed 25 march (tomorrow). Is this additional delay
>>really needed ?
>I don't think so, there seem to be no blockers, so if I get time today to
>the release I want to get it out, today. But if someone wants one more week,
>just stand up now.
>The only question remaining is if we really want to binary distributions,
>one for jdk 1.2-1.3 and one for jdk 1.4? We need this because of the changes
>in jdbc.
>I personally would like to add some notes in the readme and make only one
>binary dist. What do others think?
IIRC, Berin builds the Avalon distro using the 1.4 compiler with the 
compatibility flags on. This allows to have 1.2-compatible bytecode with 
1.4-compatible jdbc.


Sylvain Wallez
  Anyware Technologies                  Apache Cocoon 

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message