cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] CallBack Style XML Handlers
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2002 09:35:56 GMT
Ivelin Ivanov wrote:

> I am looking for short input. Do you think that an XPath selector (working
> against the current SAX stream) makes sence or not ?

My personal opinion is that matadata should be 'outside' the pipeline,
and data inside the pipeline. In such a world, a pipeline-aware selector
wouldn't be needed because pipeline driving would be done reacting on
metadata and not on data.

In the HTTP request sense, metadata are headers and data is payload.

Now, is there any example of use that cannot be made to work in the
above scenario?

Please, submit your examples to convince us.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.