cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Elias Karakoulakis <>
Subject ESQL rewrite proposal
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:13:21 GMT
Hello All,

I have opened a bug case in bugzilla for the ESQL logicsheet: it doesn't
behave correctly for some kinds of grouped resultsets (<esql:group>). I
have tried to debug the logicsheet but it's far too complex to
understand (yet alone debug...) Suffice to say that most logicsheets in
the same dir are about 10-20kb in size, and esql.xsl is about 55kb...

A rather daunting question: would it be wise for use to be thinking
about reimplementing the ESQL logicsheet, just to scale down its
complexity? I have rewritten the xsd schema, simplifying the
<esql:get-*> elements.. (really, why did there had to be a separate
element for each datatype?). Another big problem is that of poor
documentation: Except from the userdoc "howto", there is very little to
go from there.. I think that starting from a properly documented schema
would be of major importance.

I am attaching a schema I derived from the one that I downloaded from
2.0.2-dev CVS. Please take a look and post any thoughts you might

View raw message