cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: [RT] CallBack Style XML Handlers
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:10:44 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Dear Berin,
>  IMNSHO with this RT you have basically managed to solve the Cocoon
> Generation problem :-)
> Shall we call it NG ie New Generation? ;-)
> IIUC, this RT sums up all discussions on XSP2, xForge, Cocoon sub component
> model, Dispatcher&Adapter and integrates all of them with caching.

Probably I'm missing something, but I really can't see this.

You are trying to 'precompile' all cacheable parts of a pipeline result
and let just the dynamic hooks, I really can't see how this can be done.

> It appears that all the afromentioned proposals are implementable on top of
> this RT, with the non trivial adding of caching.

Berin clearly stated that it has nothing to do with the sitemap, so the
'pipe-aware selector' problem is still wide open.

> You blew my mind, and I think I finally say the light :-o

Don't want to rain on the party, but I didn't see any light at all.
> If you dont get replies, usually it's because your proposal is perfect, or
> they don't understand it.

I marked it for futher reading because I couldn't grasp the intentions,
I think I need more input.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: