cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Everywhere licences
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:06:41 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> > Theodore W. Leung wrote:
> >
> > As I recall, Dirk was the one who suggested licenses next to the jar
> > files -- this is what all the other XML projects are doing.
> >
> > FOP did not resolve their license issue with Jimi -- they decided to put
> > a "go here and download Jimi from Sun" readme file in.
> >
> > Also, you guys still have an issue with Jisp, because the license only
> > covers source distribution, not binary -- kind of like djb's Qmail
> > license.
> >

> So we have to give up our new installed, clean solution with a separate
> legal directory and follow the other projects by putting the licenses
> next to the jars.

No, wait a second. Is this official?

I mean, is there any document that *explicitly* indicates where the
licenses should be?

If not, I would propose to have /legal as a repository of licenses to
keep things clean in the entire xml.apache CVS.

No, it's not to be picky, but to keep things well ordered.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.