cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code Freeze
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:36:27 GMT
Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:04:07 +0100, "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziegeler@s-und-n.de> wrote:
>
> > I totally forgot to remind you that we have a code freeze now.
> >
> > This means bug fixing, doc updates etc are of course still possible.
> >
> > If everything works well on monday I will do the 2.0.2 release then.
>
> Given that so many changes happened, should we name the release 2.1
> instead?

Hmmm, don't know... it depends on how we want to consider version
numbers.

We could agree on having

 major -> increased when back incompatible changes are done
 minor -> increased when new important functionality is added
 release -> increased on each bugfix release.

If we follow this scheme, Ovidiu is right and we should release 2.1,
what do others think?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.