cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Code Freeze
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:41:27 GMT
Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:48:49 +0000, MJ Ray <markj@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Ovidiu Predescu wrote:
>>
>>>Given that so many changes happened, should we name the release 2.1
>>>instead?
>>>
>>Simple question: have the APIs changed?  If so, a minor version number
>>increase is a very good idea.  If not, release manager's choice ;-)
>>

>The TreeProcessor is a major addition in the current release. If we
>include it and document how to use it in the release, then in itself
>is a big enough change. Since it may affect existing applications,
>it's safer if we warn the users by using a different minor release
>number, than by increasing the subminor number, which is usually used
>to indicate bug fix releases.

The TreeProcessor is now in the main trunk, but the compiled engine is
still the default one. That's why a minor release number has been chosen.

Having the TreeProcessor in the release will allow people to use it and
make sure it is rock-solid before becoming the default one.

Release 2.0.2 may be the last one in the 2.0.x series : the next one is
likely to have TreeProcessor as the default engine, and also a brand new
flow engine. This will justify it to be 2.1

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez