cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Wyona / Xopus (IE vs.Mozilla)
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:27:03 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Ugo Cei wrote:
>>In the meantime, I've been experimenting with the XUL <editor>,
>>but if I'm not mistaken it is not possible to instantiate an editor
>>if the XUL file is not loaded from a "chrome://" URL. This pretty much
>>rules out the possibility of producing pages for Mozilla with an
>>embedded editor from Cocoon, doesn't it? :(
>

> I don't picture us using <editor> at all, so this shouldn't be a
> problem.
>
> <editor> is something they use for HTML composing and email composing
> and it's an all or nothing editing-type, we don't want that.
>
> When they will implement contentEditable for mozilla (remember to vote
> on bugzilla for that! bug# 97284!), you just have to write a bunch of
> javascript around that feature and turn that attribute on (either on the
> server side or on the client side)... but I see no needs to use XUL for
> that.

Of course ... when and *IF* contentEditable will be implemented, we will
use it. Using <editor>, just like mozblog (http://mozblog.mozdev.org)
does, is a stopgap solution that would have been better than <textarea>
for my blog project, given the current status of things.

	Ugo

P.S. your memory is getting worse, I already told you I voted for bug#
97284. I was number 30 or so in the list of voters ;).

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it