cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Wyona / Xopus (IE vs.Mozilla)
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:33:16 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I must be entirely honest with you, Michael: I have the perception that
> there are just a few person on this list who understand what you are
> talking about because they haven't seen Xopus in serious action.

I have finally been able to put my hands on a serious workstation
running IE6 and I must admit that Xopus is simply wonderful.
Maybe what is shown in the demo at the Q42 site is not a complete
picture of it's capabilities, but it's been enough to make me
and all of my coworkers very excited.

In the meantime, I've been experimenting with the XUL <editor>,
but if I'm not mistaken it is not possible to instantiate an editor
if the XUL file is not loaded from a "chrome://" URL. This pretty much
rules out the possibility of producing pages for Mozilla with an
embedded editor from Cocoon, doesn't it? :(

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it