cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject lowercase XML languages
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:38:53 GMT
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: lowercase XML languages
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 06:22:24 -0800
From: "Robert Hess" <roberth@microsoft.com>
To: "Robert Koberg" <rob@koberg.com>

That's a good one... The person who told you that was either pulling
your leg, or just trying to make up an explanation. In fact, just the
opposite would be true, if anything. Since the upper case letters appear
first in ASCII order, you "could" save a little bit of space by trimming
off the 7th bit, but unfortunately, not cleanly. Trying to do anything
to further compress 7bit ASCII down would essentially result in a "new"
character table, which would not be a good thing.

-Robert