cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: FW: How to define custom parameter for map:serialize?
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 09:59:33 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

>Hi Cocoon Devs,
>Can somebody recommend the best way to deal with the issue? The problem
>is that <map:serialize/> does not allow parameters and the question is
>how to live without it. See corresponding thread on the user list.
>Should we add support for cache-aware serializers implementing
This questions comes back from time to time. Dims even sent a hack as an
answer to Carsten :

Now having serializers changing their behaviour depending on parameters
or the object model could break the caching system.

Carsten, now that you're back, could you please tell us what could be
the consequences on the cache system of allowing a Serializer to
implement StiemapModelComponent ?

Sylvain Wallez

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email: