cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Hartle <mhar...@hartle-klug.com>
Subject Re: Wyona / Xopus
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 09:25:51 GMT
Ugo Cei wrote:

>> There's no way out: Mozilla is the key. We must find a way to implement
>> Xopus concepts into Mozilla.
>
> Does this mean that we need to integrate Xerces (C++ ?) and Xalan (C++
> ?) in Mozilla?

There is a side-project that at least try to XPCOMify Xerces, but I do
not believe that this is all necessary to get a semantical WYSIWYG-like
XML-editor. If you take a look at what the Mozilla Mail/News Editor does
beyond the scene and check out the XUL/JS part essentially driving the
editor component, it might be a solution to style the XML via additional
CSS in a seperate file and add features regarding editing via XUL/JS.

>     Ugo

Best regards,

Michael Hartle,
Hartle & Klug GbR