cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] user-components.xconf
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 20:08:07 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> From: "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritsenko@verizon.net>
>
> > 3. Should we remove ability to define components in the sitemap, and
> > provide ability to declare components in the separate user.conf file
> > (optional, one per sitemap).
>
> My two cents:
>
> - cocoon.xconf (basic cocoon components, one only)
> - user.xconf (user components, one only)
> - sitemap.xmap (as always)
> - sitemap.xconf (one per sitemap, contains Generators, Transformers, etc.)

People, please, order!

The sense/nonsense ratio in this thread is dangerously low.

Torsten,

I do see the need for componentized Cocoon apps, but in order to provide
this a significant number of things must change in Cocoon.

My idea is: let's make it a fully-baked solution, rather than a
half-baked 'it does what I need so I'm happy' one.

Ken,

Cocoon Blocks are *not* generators, transformers and the like, these are
*components*, just implement different interfaces.

Expect a full-blown RT describing my concept of 'Cocoon Blocks' and how
to allow you guys do hot-deploy your stuff on Cocoon very soon.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.