cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: <datasources> <j2ee ....... ?!
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 13:31:32 GMT
Graaf, Edgar de (fin) wrote:
> People,
>
> I try to use <datasources> <j2ee .......
> But what ever I do I keep on having the same problem. Please look at the
> included exception. The only thing the Cocoon site says about the subject is
> that it is as simple as filling <dbname>. Unfortunately nothing is simple.
> Or is it?

The j2ee datasource component connects to your J2EE compliant
application server.  If you are not using one, you should not use the
j2ee datasource.

The place to look up datasource components is defined by the J2EE spec,
so if JNDI cannot find "java:comp" then something is not set up
correctly on your server.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin