cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <>
Subject Re: [RT] Cocoon Web Applications
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 11:00:19 GMT
giacomo wrote:

>>>For 1: The Deploying Engine ( today) needs to directly use
>>>some kind of URI-Matcher to mount the sub-sitemap of an Application. It
>>>could done by dynamically add those mounts to the root sitemap when
>>>using the interpreted sitemap treeprocessor. there will also be a method
>>>of dynamically specify the deployment (i.e. looking into the webapps
>>>context directory for newly added Cocoon Application Component archives
>>>or the technologically more advanced 'net deployment' procedure).
>>Isn't this what the "mount" mechanism is about?
> I don't understand what you are asking for.

I am asking: doesn't the existing mount mechanism already address your

> If you use Apache virtual hosts you should also use Apache
> mod_rewrite/mod_proxy for that and your scenario is easy possible with
> only one Cocoon instance.

I am using simple redirects. Probably I should be using mod_rewrite, but
  having fought with it in the past, I am a little intimidated by its
complexity :)

> You simply need a test environment which reflects your production
> environment.

I do have a test environment, of course, but should a new cocoon.jar
breaks all the existing applications, I would have to chase down the
bugs and fix them on the test env, before going production. Like they
say: if it ain't broke, don't fix it ;).

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message