cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From TREGAN Fabien <fabien.tre...@airbus.aeromatra.com>
Subject RT : adding namespace to component's name.
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:07:20 GMT
about components name, the doc says :

"name - Gives the component an identifying name by which it may be
referenced in the pipeline section."

So the name seems to be a shortcut to a personnal component.

But I think that the name is often used only to describe the component you
want to be called, without knowing it's class. (factory-like)

So I think we should hade namespace prefixes to component names in order to
:
-define one namespace for cocoon standards components (an another one for
each cocoon sample-specific component :) )
-avoid problems when differents cocoon-app will be deployed on the same
server.

Am I really wrong ?

ft.