cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <>
Subject Re: Making Xalan XSLTC work with Cocoon
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:51:47 GMT

Am sure you know this from your experience in the Software industry....I just want to voice
my 2

A lot of companies (including mine) when they decide to develop Software based on Cocoon or
deploy a Application based on Cocoon will use code from third-party vendors *ONLY* under the
following circumstances:
- Binaries from Third-parties where we are sure we will get Tech Support when/if necessary
are sure that the Third-party is going to be in the business for the Product/Application
- Source code is available either in some open source fashion (Apache/GNU LGPL etc...)

For example the ONLY libraries we will ever ship in our product will be those in
xml-cocoon2\lib\core directory and cocoon itself. So how ever fast,lean and mean your "new
Compiler" is/will-be....It is of not much use to me personally.