cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: [RT] user-components.xconf
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:22:25 GMT
Hi Torsten,

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 04:57:58PM +0100, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> guys, could you share your visions or RT on this... I don't want this
> thread to be just dropped without any result.

	I agree. Lets nut this one out.

> More RT from me:
>
> Another possible sollution for a per cocoon application configuration
> would be to tie an optional xconf to (the mount point of) a sitemap.
> Although I'm quite sure if chaining of both of this is a valid
> assumption I am sure that every application will come with it's own
> sitemap. So dropping in the application currently means dropping a
> sitemap mount. Stefano, would you like to see this change, too?
> If not I see two ways of doing this.

<snip>...

	Interesting idea, but I think they're based on the assumption
	that component configuration space is as equally dividable as an
	applications uri-space.

	This may or may not be true depending on the uri-space of the
	application being developed. Also if components are required across 2
	subsitemaps they would need to be in a parent sitemap anyway, right ?

	Perhaps this is flame bait, but what if we ran cinclude over the
	cocoon.roles and cocoon.xconf file to include files ? Then it's just a
	matter of using the predefined cinclude syntax ?

	Regardless of how, we really need a nice way to separate these files
	for large size applications. When these files start to get large, they
	just aren't maintainable.

> Stefano, is this more the direction you thought of?
> Please, I can't wait hear your RT on this!!

	I have a suspicion Stefano has an idea based on a bigger
	picture here. I'm also interested in hearing it too.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: