cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek R. Ambroziak" <jacek_ambroz...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: experimental XSLTC-2, a clarification
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 22:01:03 GMT
On Wednesday 06 March 2002 04:23 pm, Tom Amiro wrote:

> It does not seem ethical or even legal to take open
> source software -- even if you were the original
> architect -- and use it for your own purposes.

Strong words Tom.

This case has nothing to do with my being
the original XSLTC inventor and developer.
Everybody uses this software as all othe Apache Software
"for their own purposes"  commercial or otherwise
and there is nothing illegal or unethical about that.
At this point I am just another user who rather urgently
needs a version that works as desired.

I was perfectly aware that my explanation
would be disappointing to some people.

--Jacek