cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: [RT] user-components.xconf
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 13:00:15 GMT
On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 01:11:53PM +0100, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> > > We should be able to have a separate configuration besides the
> > > configuration for the core components. We should be able to define a
> > > user.xconf. (or better user-components.xconf?)
> >
> > 	I've brought this up a couple of times, and we've talked about
> > 	this offline as well -> I think it's a great idea, and will be
> > 	really useful.
> >
> > 	It would also be great if it allowed hierarchical including of config
> > 	data (not just a single level of includes).
>
> Hmm.. let's start with a single level first :) did you come up with an
> idea for a multi-level syntax yet?

	The thought I had a while back was to add another attribute to
	cocoon.xconf, something like:

	<cocoon user-roles="..." user-(components/config)="...">
	</cocoon>

	This would support single level inclusion. user-roles/config could be
	changed to include-roles/config.

	Multi-level inclusion could be done if you extend this check for
	user-roles/config to each first level tag of every included file. The
	only issue then is if one wanted to include more than one file
	at a particular level.

	Perhaps to support multiple files a dedicated tag would be better?

	<cocoon>
	  <user-roles src="..."/> <!-- 0-M user-role tags -->
	  <user-(components/config) src="..."/>
	</cocoon>

	What do you think ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

	PS. IIRC when I brought this up a while back I think Berin said
	something about whether included files would be permitted by particular
	ContainerManager's implementations. Is this still applicable Berin ?

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: