cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: [RT] user-components.xconf
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 11:59:06 GMT
Hi Torsten!

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 09:21:40AM +0100, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> In order to integrate self-written components we currently only have
> user-roles to make these components available to the component manager.
> But the configuration of these components still needs to be added to the
> cocoon.xconf. This is IMHO dead ugly and bad for upgrade and maintainace
> cycles.
> We should be able to have a separate configuration besides the
> configuration for the core components. We should be able to define a
> user.xconf. (or better user-components.xconf?)

	I've brought this up a couple of times, and we've talked about
	this offline as well -> I think it's a great idea, and will be
	really useful.

	It would also be great if it allowed hierarchical including of config
	data (not just a single level of includes).

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&: