cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: [RT] user-components.xconf
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 09:25:15 GMT
On Tuesday 05 March 2002 09:21, Torsten Curdt wrote:
>. . .
> We should be able to have a separate configuration besides the
> configuration for the core components. We should be able to define a
> user.xconf. (or better user-components.xconf?)
>. . .

>From a user's point of view, being able to drop the .xconf and required
jars in a directory under mount/ would IMHO be a great first step
towards "pluggable cocoon apps":

mount/my-app
  sitemap.xmap
  cocoon-config/my-components.jar
  cocoon-config/my-jdbc-driver.jar
  cocoon-config/my-app.xconf
  docs/index.xml
  . . .

Currently this mount thing works great (even without stopping cocoon)
if you need just a sitemap and content files, but as you mention more
than that needs editing the global cocoon.xconf and/or copying jars
under WEB-INF.

--
 Bertrand Delacrétaz (codeconsult.ch, jfor.org)

 buzzwords: XML, java, XSLT, cocoon, mentoring/teaching/coding.
 disclaimer: eternity is very long. mostly towards the end. get ready.