cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <ricktess...@canada.com>
Subject Re: HSSFSerializer and mime-type hard-coded?
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:43:58 GMT
On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 09:47, Marc Johnson wrote:
> >From: Rick Tessner <ricktessner@canada.com>
> >
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I was just testing the refactored examples and noticed that the
> >mime-type being returned on the Hello World XLS is vnd.ms-excel.
>
> I have no idea how the information in the sitemap would be made available to
> the serializer; if anyone has a clue, I'd appreciate hearing it. In any
> case, I'm not sure why the serializer would ever return anything besides
> vnd.ms-excel or application/vnd.ms-excel

It seems that all that would be required would be to implement
Configurable and create a configure() method.  This is a guess based on
how FOPSerializer and SVGSerializer do it.

As to why, perhaps HSSFSerializer will be able to produce more that
vnd.ms-excel in the future?  I'm just basing this on what the FOP and
SVG serializers do (eg. FOP produces PDF, PS, etc and SVG does JPEG and
PNG).

Attached is a patch for HSSFSerializer doing just that.

--
Rick Tessner
ricktessner@canada.com

"There are no bad days.  Only good days and great days."