cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <>
Subject Re: HSSFSerializer and mime-type hard-coded?
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:43:58 GMT
On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 09:47, Marc Johnson wrote:
> >From: Rick Tessner <>
> >
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I was just testing the refactored examples and noticed that the
> >mime-type being returned on the Hello World XLS is
> I have no idea how the information in the sitemap would be made available to
> the serializer; if anyone has a clue, I'd appreciate hearing it. In any
> case, I'm not sure why the serializer would ever return anything besides
> or application/

It seems that all that would be required would be to implement
Configurable and create a configure() method.  This is a guess based on
how FOPSerializer and SVGSerializer do it.

As to why, perhaps HSSFSerializer will be able to produce more that in the future?  I'm just basing this on what the FOP and
SVG serializers do (eg. FOP produces PDF, PS, etc and SVG does JPEG and

Attached is a patch for HSSFSerializer doing just that.
Rick Tessner

"There are no bad days.  Only good days and great days."

View raw message