cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Tessner <ricktess...@canada.com>
Subject HSSFSerializer and mime-type hard-coded?
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:39:22 GMT
Hi all,

I was just testing the refactored examples and noticed that the
mime-type being returned on the Hello World XLS is vnd.ms-excel.

I would have expected it to be application/vnd.ms-excel as that is how
the mime-type is defined in the sitemap.  In fact, changing the
mime-type in the sitemap to, say, application/blah-blah-blah has no
effect on the mime-type being sent back to the browser.

Is this actually the intended behaviour?  I did notice there is a method
called getMimeType() in HSSFSerializer.java that always returns the
fixed string "vnd.ms-excel" ...

--
Rick Tessner
ricktessner@canada.com

"There are no bad days.  Only good days and great days."