cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: Page Title Contest
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:13:15 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Because title graphics of the page at
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon/documents/cocoon-links.html does not fit
> into space allowed, I would like to start contest on better title for
> this page.
>
> Currently it is titled as:
>
>   "Web Sites Providing Information About Cocoon"
>
> but on the generated graphics fits only:
>
>   "s Providing Information About Cocoon"
>
> which is (IMHO) does not sound very good. Please, provide/vote
> variants for better (shorter) title.
>
> Vadim

I can see a better solution ...
We should stop using the stupid generated banner images
completely. If the banner was just plain text then we could
stay with longer, more descriptive page titles.

The "build printer-docs" does it this way already. It would
be easy to adapt the match from that stylesheet instead.

--David