cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: [how-to] Contribute with my own tutorial
Date Sun, 03 Mar 2002 06:19:50 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> TREGAN Fabien wrote:
>
> > Since now, all my docs have been written in .doc (ms word), but i'll try to
> > read the docs about how to write xdocs :)
>
> xdocs are XML files that use a simple HTML-like DTD that we used for our
> docs.
>
> Anyway, any new contributed doc will be gladly accepted.

Fabien, as usual the best way is just to dive in and learn
by doing. You can get a head-start by copying any existing
xdoc under xml-cocoon2/src/documentation/xdocs/*.xml
Edit it to suit, then add a link into the relevant book.xml
or even set up a whole new directory.

Do build docs, then enables you see your new document set,
as part of the overall Cocoon documentation.

In this way you could even show your boss, with live
Cocoon-Samples in one window and your appraisal documents
in another ... all generated by Cocoon itself. Living proof.

With a little more effort, you could add sitemap entries to
process your xdocs using your own stylesheet. See behind
the scenes of the shipped Samples.

Should you decide that you want to contribute a tutorial
back to the Cocoon distribution, then you would be most
welcome. Just follow the guidelines in contrib.html doc,
and then send a Patch via Bugzilla as an Enhancement.
A zip file with your new docs and differences to book.xml
would suffice.

-- David Crossley