cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: error response broken?
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:16:45 GMT
From: "Jeremy Quinn" <jeremy@media.demon.co.uk>

> At 11:46 am +0100 26/3/02, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >From: "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroumian@flagship.ru>
> >
> >> > From: Jeremy Quinn [mailto:jermq@media.demon.co.uk]
> >> >
> >> > Dear All,
> >> >
> >> > I have noticed a big change in the way Cocoon responds to
> >> > errors caused by
> >> > you putting mal-formed xml into a field in <slash-edit/>.
> >> >
> >> > Up until a week ago (I got a bit behind CVS) Cocoon would
> >> > respond with a normal message like:
> >> >
> >> > Original exception : org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type
> >> > "title" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</title>".
> >> >
> >> > etc.
> >> >
> >> > Now it says things like:
> >> >
> >> > Original exception : java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> >> > /Users/jermq/Library/TomCat/webapps/cocoon/stylesheets/simple-
> >> > page2html.xsl
> >> > (No such file or directory)
> >> >
> >> > Which is strange.
> >
> >Try commenting out the transformation in the handle-errors and
serializing
> >to xml, you will always see the error.
>
> I tried this ...... commented out the transformation and HTML
serialization
> in the error-handlers in mount/editor/sitemap.xmap and
> mount/editor/editor.xmap, replacing them with a straight serialize to XML.
>
> I still get the weird error, where it trounces off looking for nonsense.

It's not so wierd.

With the current Cocoon version of the editor, it says that it can't fint
"test.xmap".
In fact, test.xmap is mounted just after editor.xmap in your sitemap.

<!-- start EDITING PIPELINES -->
<!-- We mount the Editor SiteMap into the same base as this
       SiteMap, so the Editor can reach this SiteMap's files -->

   <!-- slash-edit pipeline -->
   <!-- edit/, edit/new/*, edit/get/*, edit/put, edit/view/* -->
   <map:match pattern="edit**">
    <map:mount uri-prefix="edit" src="editor.xmap" check-reload="yes"/>
   </map:match>

   <!-- test/result pipeline -->
   <!-- /test/*, /result/*, result/*/* -->
   <map:match pattern="*/**">
    <map:mount uri-prefix="" src="test.xmap" check-reload="yes"/>
   </map:match>

<!-- end EDITING PIPELINES -->

This means that the matcher doesn't match where you would want it to but
matches the test.xmap pipeline part.
There is has problems in finding the file.

If I remove the test.xmap mount, it behaves like you say.
In fact, it tries to use the parent sitemap to match, matches somewhere, but
can't find the file it's looking for (simple-page2html.xsl) because resolves
the parent sitemap definitions relative to *his* context, which has always
happened.

Now the question is:
Why doesn't it match where you want it to match?

See, the error is not directly about the wrong xml AFAIS, but something
else.
Side effect components tend to have this problem with the errors, because
side effects are no directly specified in the pipeline.

Can this help you a bit?

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                   nicolaken@apache.org
            - verba volant, scripta manent -
   (discussions get forgotten, just code remains)
---------------------------------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: cocoon-dev-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, email: cocoon-dev-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message