cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote]: Where to define the sitemap components?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:32:27 GMT
From: "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziegeler@s-und-n.de>

> Hi Team,
>
> I'm still not convinced that it is a good idea to have some components
> (generators, transformers etc) of the sitemap defined in the cocoon.xconf
> and some in the map:components section of the sitemap.
>
> We will confuse many users with this, believe me. There will be many
> complains that for example the file generator isn't available any
> more, as it is not visible in the sitemap.
>
> So for a forthcoming release, I propose to move them back into the
> sitemap and after the release we can think of a better way of defining
> components.

A solution is to *not* define components in the main sitemap at all.
Just say that the are already defined.

All the extra Components are to be defined in subsitemaps only where needed.

I think this could be a fair solution.

I'll commit the newly refactored samples ASAP, along with the new version of
POI without log4j I've just managed to do.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -