cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Ivelin Ivanov" <ive...@iname.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon Form binding and validation [was: RE: SchemoX forms]
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 02:40:06 GMT

Thanks for the pointer, good piece of work.

If possible I would surely like to leverage working solutions.

I've submitted a few questions on the JARV message board, but maybe you can
answer quicker.

Does the the SaxErrorHandler interface provide the XPath location of the bad
elelement, or it can only report the
file, line and column where the failure occured.
Also, how would you use JARV to implement partial document validation?
For example if you want to validate the user/car-info/model element, but not
necessary the whole user element.

BTW, what exactly is the MSV license. It seemed like its was open source,
but it wasn't very clear to me. Is it compatible with Apache's?

Cheers,

Ivelin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mats Norén" <mats@alma.nu>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 8:54 AM
Subject: Re: Cocoon Form binding and validation [was: RE: SchemoX forms]

I´ve been following your thread about form validation and I must say it
looks promising.
Keep up the good work! :)
I'm wondering if you thought about using the JARV API for the pluggable
validators?
http://iso-relax.sourceforge.net/JARV/JARV.html

In our application we choose to use the Sun MSV for our form validation but
it shouldn´t be difficult to plug in other validators...

Regards Mats