cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matteo Di Giovinazzo" <matte...@infinito.it>
Subject Re: GIFTranscoder w/o LZW licensing issues
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:15:27 GMT
All the community hope in the affirmation of the W3C standard PNG in the
web,
but GIF is so common and it hasn't transparency problems like PNG
when it's view in MSIE.

Moreover you're sure that the image is viewable on a large set of browsers,
like old mozilla/3.x compatibles, and on many WAP devices that support GIF.

This implementation can compress the GIF with run length encoding
algorithm, less efficiently than LZW algorithm of course, but more than
an uncompressed image!

ciao,
    matteo

Chris wrote:
> On Sunday, 17 March, 2002, 15:12:57, Matteo wrote:
>
> MDG> Hello all!
>
> MDG> I've found a GIFOutputStream (that can turned into a GIFTranscoder)
that