cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release early? (was: Roadmap Executive Plan)
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:14:53 GMT
From: "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziegeler@s-und-n.de>

> > Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> > a) Sitemap components in the cocoon.xconf.
> > Now, personally I don't like this - but that's my own opinion about
this.
> > If you want to edit the sitemap, you not only have to look at the
sitemap
> > but also at the cocoon.xconf. This makes handling the sitemap even more
> > complicated.
> > I know a lot of people complaining about the complexity of Cocoon and
> > the many places of configuration. By this splitting of component
> > definition
> > it gets even harder for beginners.
> > So I would like to have all these definitions back in the sitemap.
> > What is the benefit of having them in the cocoon.xconf?

How I see it, the components should be configured out of the sitemap, but
cocoon.xconf is not the best solution for this.
AFAIK, there was a discussion on the configuration files going on, and on
Cocoon Blocks.

I'd put also this point:

d) restructure samples using subsitemaps.

I'm halfway through, and with the new dir layout, it makes more sense to
have basic Sitemap Cocmponents included in xconf.

> > b) the sunRise and sunSpot components
> > What is the feeling of the community to move them out of the scratchpad
> > into the main trunk? I'm - of course :) - +1 on moving them.

Hmmm... I'm not so sure. I love what they do, don't get me wrong, but I
would prefer to have them integrated in the *whole* Cocoon samples instead
of being just part of it.

> c) Rename the CVS repository as by Stefano's suggestion:
>    Rename xml-cocoon to xml-cocoon1 and xml-cocoon2 to xml-cocoon
>    to keep the history.

+0

            - verba volant, scripta manent -