cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] user-components.xconf
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2002 07:20:44 GMT
From: "Stefano Mazzocchi" <stefano@apache.org>

> Ken,
>
> Cocoon Blocks are *not* generators, transformers and the like, these are
> *components*, just implement different interfaces.

I know my dear, I know. They are not blocks *now*.
I used "blocks" simply because Blocks are pluggable and cleanly define
dependencies, while simple Avalon-framework Components are not. Since
Generators, Transformers, etc could be used like beans are in jars, and
since many of them use other Avalon Components, IMHO it could make sense to
give them a packaging with descriptor, ie Blocks.

> Expect a full-blown RT describing my concept of 'Cocoon Blocks' and how
> to allow you guys do hot-deploy your stuff on Cocoon very soon.

Ok, then, we'll wait for SM(A)RT (Stefano Mazzocchi's Avalon-Cocoon Random
Thought) ;-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -