cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Seperate Contrib/optional area/cvs (was: RE: POI Serialization code committed)
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:45:37 GMT
From: "Morrison, John" <John.Morrison@uk.experian.com>

> Seperate the contrib/optional stuff from core?
>   Nicola: it looks like everyone (so far ;) is in favour of
> seperating this. I know you were/are looking at doing it; how
> far have you got?

I'm halfway through the samples, but haven't moved any class yet.
IMO, we can have four dirs: src/, src/scratchpad, src/optional and
src/contrib.
Each one of them creates a separate jar in the build, like scratchpad does
now.

The optional and contrib components must follow a precise rule: keep the
samples in a separate sitemap each, and have a .xoptional entry  (or
whatever, we can enhance-change the implementation at will) to specify the
libs-resources it needs.

When we are done with the Blocks thread and implementation, we can make this
deployment method used instead.

Is this ok?

> Should it be located in a seperate cvs?
>   Enough -1's.  It stays in the current cvs.  If there's
> enough cause in the future, this can be rethought.

Yup. Makes sense.

> Now, back to the POI problem... :)

:-)

Ok, my opinion is that it can go in a contrib dir, as described above
Now that a consensus has been reached, I'll go in this direction as fast as
possible, hopefully to be finished by the end of this week.

I'm happy that we found this solution: from a problem we created an
opportunity, and this is good :-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -