cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Serializer needs to be a SitemapModelComponent ?
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2002 10:48:40 GMT
From: "Sylvain Wallez" <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com>

> Please find below an answer I gave to a colleague on cocoon-users. After
> more thoughts, I think to have found a good example of a Serializer that
> could take advantage of both Parameters and SourceResolver...

<snipped-real-life-needs-I-agree-with/>

I have another need: I have a Serializer that takes a JComponent and renders
it to JPEG directly without using SVG.
I need to specify a configuration, and have access to the class that may not
be in the Classpath.

Are there any technical reasons that still stand in the way for making
Serializer a SitemapModelComponent?

            - verba volant, scripta manent -