cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Weinger" <>
Subject RE: [RT] Cocoon Blocks and internal web services
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 22:45:34 GMT
> But this is not enough: behavioral description *depends* on
> the type of the exposed resource.
> For example, a resource such as
>  block:skin://xslt/document2html
> will have to expose the returning MIME-type (XSLT in this
> case) as well as it's schema, as well as the schema of the
> conten that it's capable of transforming and the schema of
> the content that is capable of generating after the transformation.

How difficult would it be write code that automatically generates these
"entry" and "exit" xml schema contracts for a stylesheet?  The block
deployment code could create them for you.  For hard-coded components,
it's up to the developer.

The converse would also be useful; like a generic unit test for a
stylesheet, based on these "entry" and "exit" schemas, it would
determine if the stylesheet "satisfies" the contract.

I am working on a cocoon application with dynamically pluggable
stylesheets that needs something like that.  Without any kind of
validation, the system is just too brittle, and anyone who writes a bad
stylesheet can wreak havoc.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message