cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Page Title Contest
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2002 10:44:17 GMT
From: "David Crossley" <crossley@indexgeo.com.au>

> We should stop using the stupid generated banner images
> completely. If the banner was just plain text then we could
> stay with longer, more descriptive page titles.
>
> The "build printer-docs" does it this way already. It would
> be easy to adapt the match from that stylesheet instead.

I agree that we should _stop_ using the generated _SVG_ in the docs.
It makes the docs generation slooow, the download slooow, and the javascript
gives you errors if the image is not yet loaded.

For now, we can easily change the site so that text can be used instead of
the SVG generated gifs; it would keep the L&F of the site like the other
xml.apache ones and also solve these problems.

The big site update is going to come with Forrest
(forrest-dev-subscribe@xml.apache.org)

:-)

            - verba volant, scripta manent -