cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.0.2 looks
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:03:57 GMT
From: "Robert Koberg" <rob@koberg.com>

> I just checked out the home page. when I bump up the cocoon page's text
> size, I see:
> http://koberg.com/c2home.gif [zoom = 150%]
> [can still read it comfortably, but should not break the design]
> When zoomed to 120% it look fine.
>
> quick glance at the HTML source:
> - It also uses tables way too much (you should avoid tables for layout
> whenever possible).
> - There seems to be a lot of markup (table stuff) on the page that does
> not need to be there.
> - why not LINK to the CSS instead of writing it on each page and having
> the user download it over and over again?

The initial style was made to remain fixed, and in this version we just made
it lighter.

I agree with your points, and in fact an effort is underway to make the new
xml.apache site called Forrest.
It won't be long before we get a new style :-)

forrest-dev-subscribe@xml.apache.org

If you want to patch the current version, I will commit the changes, but
IMHO it's better to focus on the new stuff.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -