cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Serializer needs to be a SitemapModelComponent ?
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2002 18:18:42 GMT
> From: Nicola Ken Barozzi [mailto:nicolaken@apache.org]
>
> From: "Sylvain Wallez" <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com>
>
> > Please find below an answer I gave to a colleague on cocoon-users.
After
> > more thoughts, I think to have found a good example of a Serializer
that
> > could take advantage of both Parameters and SourceResolver...
>
> <snipped-real-life-needs-I-agree-with/>
>
> I have another need: I have a Serializer that takes a JComponent and
renders
> it to JPEG directly without using SVG.
> I need to specify a configuration, and have access to the class that
may not
> be in the Classpath.
>
> Are there any technical reasons that still stand in the way for making
> Serializer a SitemapModelComponent?

I don't think so. Moreover, CachingStreamPipeline.java already checks
whether Serializer is Cacheable or not, and processes it accordingly.
This means, that no caching issues should arise.

I could try:
1. Add SitemapModelComponent to the Serializer,
2. Call serializer's setup() in the AbstractStreamPipeline's
setupPipeline(),
3. Did I forget something else?
4. test how it works :)

Vadim