cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Mikhail Fedotov" <>
Subject Re: schedule/batch feature inside cocoon
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:19:28 GMT
> hi everybody

> but i can't start the whole parsing process as a
> scheduled task, without using a tool outside
> cocoon.

Remote scheduler will do the job.

> i thought that maybe it would be a cool feature for
> cocoon.

I'm answering on this messsage because I've implemented one
 JobThreads/Schedule-based piece of software a while ago
 and remember how I was happy when managed to separate
 whole thing into several modules.

I think that cocoon2 is one thing, and tasks/schedule
 machinery is another. It will be good if they will use
 each other, but that is the reason for combining all this
 stuff in a single application ?

One real thing I can think of is calling cocoon by jndi
 calls, not by http requests, and getting response via
 jndi. If I only had anough time right now. :)

ps. Or I've missed something and it is already there ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message